Doctor insights on:
Cause Of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
See below: Pelvic inflammatory disease are caused by infections usually sexually transmitted. Abdominal pain, fever, and pelvic discharge can all be symptoms or some patients may not any symptoms at all. Untreated abscesses and infertility can occur. If you are concerned, it is best to see your gyn for an evaluation. ...Read more
If my moderate pelvic abdo pain were caused by pelvic inflammatory disease and peritonitis would you expect my blood tests abnormal?
Good question!: Pid is caused when one person who is infected with a sexualy transittted infection has sex with someone who does not have the infection and shares the infection. Safe sex is always good advice. Insist on using a condom, even if you are using other forms of birth control. ...Read more
Can having an mainly itchy open mosquito bite sore on the outer labia for 2.5 weeks that hasn't healed, cause pelvic inflammatory disease?
Yes: It is not a very common cause of PID, but it is a relatively infrequent cause of it. You'll find that a lot of the docs on this site will say no, but in the OB/GYN literature it talks about non STD causes of PID and BV is one of them. Luckily it is usually less severe than PID associated with gonorrhea or chlamydia. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Tampons cause pelvic inflammatory disease
- Most common cause of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can pelvic inflammatory disease cause birth defects?
- Does pinworm cause pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Pelvic inflammatory disease pid
- Pelvic inflammatory disease men
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free