Doctor insights on:
Cause Of Painful Hiccups
I experience 4-7 random 'squeaks' throughout my day. They feel like a hiccup, but are not painful. What causes this?
A hiccup is an unintentional movement (spasm) of the diaphragm, the muscle at the base of the lungs. The spasm is followed by quick closing of the vocal cords, which produces a distinctive sound. Hiccups often start for no apparent reason and usually disappear after a few minutes. Rarely, hiccups can last for days, weeks, or months. Hiccups are common and normal ...Read more
After a percutaneous coronary intervention (ptca), hard and painful hiccups started. What could be the cause, and which doctor could help?
Why do I have one single hiccup, (never more than one at a time) 100 times a day? Never painful, but just numerous single hiccups a day!
Not normal: look in the Internet to find out various ways people try to stop hiccuping. Some of them actually work for some people (likely drinking an entire glass of warm water in one or two gulps). If not , consider seeing your doctor to make sure there is nothing more serious . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of painful lump on my head
- What causes a painful lump on the bottom of my foot?
- Causes of painful lump on rib cage
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of painful lump on ear lobe
- Causes of painful lump on middle upper abdomen
- Causes of painful lump on arm muscle
- Causes of painful lump on tonsil
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free