Doctor insights on:
Cause Of Mycelex Allergy
Allergies occur when your immune system is triggered by envirionmental factors it should ignore--for example, pollen in the air, or dander on a cat or dog--and creates cells to fight against them. An allergic reaction typically causes itching, congestion, or drainage, and ...Read more
I've pruritis left foot in dist. Of medial plantar nerve for 5 yrs. Failed antifungals, lotrisone, (clotrimazole and betamethasone) hydration, urea, steroid cr. Allergy testing neg. ?
Yes: you can. By PPI you mean proton inhibitor? ...Read more
A monthl or so ago I took mycelex for possible oral thrush and since around that time my uvula touches my tounge ?
May still be Infxn:
Is your uvula painful and red? If so, it is most likely a uvulitis (inflamed uvula). Since the uvula is suspended from the top of your mouth, any inflammation can cause it to hang down more than usual. Sometimes it can even touch the tongue. Have you been back to your medical provider, since being prescribed the Mycelex? Have the other symptoms in your mouth resolved? If not, I recommend going back to your medical provider for additional assessment, since you may have some other type of infection that needs to be treated.
If your uvula is swollen and pale/translucent them you could have something that’s known as uvular hydrops. Its considered translucent if you could easily shine a light through it (but please don’t try shining a light through your uvula). Uvular hydrops occurs when clear fluid collects in your uvula, most commonly a result of either a moderate to severe allergic reaction or something that’s called hereditary angioedema (very rare, typically caused by an enzyme deficiency and shows up when you are given certain medications, like an ACE Inhibitor, which is a blood pressure medication, and sometimes NSAIDs, like Motrin/Ibuprofen/Advil/Naproxen). If this is the first time this has ever happened, it is most likely not hereditary angioedema. Most times we are unable to determine the cause of uvular hydrops, termed Idiopathic Uvular Hydrops. Uvular hydrops is a self-limiting condition, meaning it will go away on its own and you don’t need any medications to treat it.
Whichever one this may be, the most important thing to remember, is that a swollen uvula can block off your airway, making it difficult to breath. I don’t want to frighten you, but I just want you to be aware that in RARE cases, this can occur. If your uvula starts becoming more swollen, seek medical care immediately (ie. go to an Emergency Department). If you are having trouble swallowing solid foods, at the very least, stay hydrated with water, diluted Gatorade, etc; and you can also try supplement shakes for calories (drinks like Ensure or the equivalent).
If you have no change within the next 3-5 days, I recommend seeing your medical provider for further assessment/treatment. If this worsens, I recommend going to an emergency department.
Good luck and please don’t hesitate to contact us again with any further questions or concerns.
Dr. Jen Smith ...Read more
Is it safe to take diflucan and mycelex troche at the same time i came down with thrush and was put on mycelex 10 mg troche 5 times a day for 14 days now its 2 days latter and I have a yeast infected my dr called in diflucan 150 mg 1 every other day for 3
I have oral thrush can i still eat normal my doctor said no diet restriction i miss juice,pizza fruit can i still eat that stuff i am on mycelex (clotrimazole)?
Allergy is inherited: The tendency to develop allergy is inherited. Therefore, children of allergic parents are likely to develop allergies as well. Still, it is not 100% and feeding during infancy and exposures to the outside, viral infections and other factors contribute to the severity of allergic symptoms. ...Read more
Triggers, vs. causes: "Allergy" occurs when your immune system misinterprets harmless things in your external environment as potential threats and starts reacting in a recognizable way. Food, medication, stings, and airborne allergens like pollen, dust mites, animal proteins, mold spores all can trigger severe allergies in some, but why some people develop allergy and some don't is still a mystery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Indoor allergies: Common indoor allergens include dust mite and animal dander. Other less common indoor allergens are mold, cockroach, other pets (birds, rodents), and feathers (pillows, comforters). During tree, grass or weed pollen season, pollen may blow through screens or open doors or windows, making it seem like indoor allergens. An allergist can perform skin tests for these and have an answer in 20 min. ...Read more
Depends: Crab allergy is a shellfish allergy and can develop at any time during adulthood. Why some adults can consume crabs their entire life without any problems and others can go on to develop symptoms is unknown. Shellfish allergy is a common adult allergen and symptoms can vary from one accidental exposure to the next so avoidance once symptoms develop is the best way to manage. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers