Doctor insights on:
Cause Of Fishy Smelling Urine
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
Besides UTI what could cause often urination, fishy smell urine and pain before and after urination and sharp pain in the lower abdomen?
I have urine that smells fishy. I have protein and blood in urine dipstick. I also have swollen ankles. What could be the cause?
Nephrotic syndrome?: Protein and blood in the urine could suggest kidney disease and ankle swelling may mean a significant amount of protein in the urine which should be treated. See a nephrologist who can help diagnose the problem and offer specific treatment if in fact it is a kidney issue. The longer this goes without treatment, the greater the risk for permanent kidney damage. Good luck! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of sweet smelling urine
- Causes of strong smelling urine
- Cause of foul smelling urine
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of bad smelling urine
- Cause of strong smelling urine in women
- Causes of strong smelling urine in females
- Causes of strong smelling urine in men
- Causes of foul smelling urine in women