Doctor insights on:
Cause Of Burst Blood Vessel In Eye
What causes burst blood vessel in eye? I have one now, it's in the corner of my left eye. Why does it happen?
How long does it take for a burst blood vessel in back of eye to fix (diagnosed) I have little to no vision in that eye and really struggling?
Seek MD attention!: For a young person (age 33) your description of a "burst vessel" in the back of the eye is very unusual. Possibilities include leakage from a blood vessel such as in diabetic retinopathy or a blocked blood vessel due to cholesterol or hypertension or other source of embolism (clot) such as heart disease or some drugs. Swelling of the macula may present. Best bet is to see a retina specialist. ...Read more
Depends: In your question, you did not indicate where the burst blood vessel is located. If it is in the conjunctiva (giving a red spot on the white part of your eye - called subconjunctival hemorrhage), then flying is fine. If it is in the retina or elsewhere, then maybe not depending on the cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bleed: This is a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage. As long as the vision is unchanged and there is no pain, everything should be fine. If it is a little irritated, then you can use an artificial tear up to 4 times a day to lubricate. This is due to a blood vessel leaking blood and is usually without cause. Sometimes straining or blood thinner can cause this. If it continues to happen, follow up with eye md. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cause of blood vessel bursting in eye
- Burst blood vessel in eye causes
- Causes of a burst blood vessel in the eye
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What cause blood vessels to burst in the eye?
- Causes of burst blood vessels in the eyes
- What can cause blood vessels in the eye to burst?
- What causes burst blood vessels in the eye?
- Talk to a phlebologist online for free