Doctor insights on:
Cause Mitral Valve Thickening
A valve is a structure that regulates the direction of flow. The heart is a special kind of pump. It moves blood by squeezing and relaxing. There are 4 chambers and each chamber has a valve. This keeps blood from moving backwards when the heart squeezes. When a chamber squeezes it lets the blood move forward but when the chamber is relaxed it prevents the blood from ...Read more
Echo shows Calcification of aortic valve & thickened mitral valve, BP stays 140/100 or higher. Short of breath and fatigue. What could be the cause?
An echocardiogram revealed mild mitral valve thickening & prolapse. Can this be causing a fast heart rate/tiredness?
The mitral valve leaflets are mildly thickened. There is bileaflet buckling of the mitral valve leafets without frank prolqpse. What does this mean?
Good news!: Don't be overwhelmed or needlessly alarmed by medical jargon. We use very descriptive words to convey information from one health care professional. To interpret for you: you don't have mitral valve prolapse. That's great news! that means: 1) no need for prophylactic antibiotics before dental procedures ; 2) very low chance of developing a heart valve infection or need or valve surgery. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Bacteria in blood: Bacteria in the blood attach to the valve and then there is infection. If the valve is normal this is not likely to happen. Bacteria can enter the blood stream from such routine things such as cleaning your teeth. Most of the time this causes no problem unless the bacteria attach to a foreign body like a replaced valve or a damaged valve. More likely if your gums are infected., . ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Thickened mitral valve causes
- Mildly thickened mitral valve
- Mitral valve regurgitation cause anemia
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does trace mitral valve regurgitation cause shortness of breath and palpitations?
- Marijuana cause mitral valve prolapse
- Mitral valve regurgitation cause shortness breath palpitations
- Can mitral valve prolapse cause a person to have anxiety attacks?
- Talk to a cardiologist online