Doctor insights on:
Cause Dark Circles Under Eyes
Dark circles: The most common causes are allergies and hereditary dark skin pigmentation. Other issues can also cause this problem such as poor health, malnutrition, alcohol abuse, etc. Treatments include cool compresses, allergy meds, alcohol cessation, balanced diet, makeup concealer, dermal filler, laser skin treatments. ...Read more
Isotretinoin's list: Of potential side effects for the eye include, blurred vision, cataract, color blindness, contact lens intolerance, corneal opacity, decreased night vision, keratitis, papilloedema, photophobia, visual disturbances, blepharitis, conjunctivitis, dry eyes, and generalized eye irritation. Periorbital skin discoloration (dark circles) are not one of the known side effects listed by the manufacturer. ...Read more
Unlikely cause: Iron deficiency can cause anemia and drowsiness. There may be the appearance of dark circles if fluid accumulates around the eyelids. Treating the deficiency may not improve the circles, however. And circles around the eyes are not an indicator of whether someone has anemia. ...Read more
Maybe: Dark circles under the eyes is usually caused by backup of dark venous blood in veins behind the thin lid skin. Besides causing fatigue, cardiac problems can make this darkening worse. Make sure you are under the care of your primary doctor and if necessary, a cardiologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cause of dark circles under the eyes
- Vicodin cause dark circles under the eyes
- What causes dark circles under eyes in teenagers?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the cause for dark circles under eyes?
- What are dark circles under eyes caused from?
- Cause of dark circles under eyes in children
- What causes dark circles under eyes children?
- Talk to a dermatologist online