Doctor insights on:
Catch Head Lice Pillows Furniture
Is it safe for someone to sit on furniture and bedding if they have just been treated for head lice?
A few days: Lice starve to death in 1-2 days off the human host. Nits however survive longer. A nit hatches 7-9 days after the egg is laid. As a result it is recommended to first treat the lice on the "host" then wash clothes, bedcovers and vacume furniture. Also wash brushes and combs. ...Read more
Head lice: Simply put, you can do everything right and your family could still end up with lice. And of course, head lice have nothing to do with hygiene or income level; anyone can get them. The most common route of transmission is head to head contact, such as two kids bending over the same coloring book. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Catch head lice helmets
- Can you catch head lice from headphones or helmets?
- Can head lice cause hair loss?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could happen if you leave head lice treatment in your head overnight?
- How long does it take to get rid of head lice in a child?
- Can you feel lice crawling on head?
- How long is head lice contagious after treatment?
- Talk to a pediatrician online