Doctor insights on:
Cataracts Cause Strabismus
A cataract is a clouding of the lens of the eye, which should normally be clear. Cataracts are usually painless and develop slowly, causing a gradual worsening of vision. Cataracts will affect the vision of most individuals by the time they are at the age of 75, but risk factors speeding up their development include diabetes, too much exposure to UV light (sunlight), ...Read more
Adult strabismus: Adult strabismus has multiple causes, including worsening of the natural eye alignment, trauma, brain tumors (rare), etc. If you are starting to have double vision, or if you are noticing trouble focusing, call your ophthalmologist for an appointment and have someone else drive you to the appointment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lack of proper : treatment is the main reason, though strabismus can recur after corrective surgery on the the extra-ocular muscles. Childhood strabismus is variable. It can worsen with fatigue or illness.There can be " accommodative esotropia" when a 2-3 yr.-old with a refractive error (hyperopia) tries to "focus". Prescriptive lenses may help these toys. Take the child back to the pediatric ophthalmologist. ...Read more
Alignment =surgery: Persistent alignment issues will often require delicate surgery on the muscles that move the eyeball have your eye dr refer you to someone who has completed the training to do thei special eye surgery. They are often affiliated with children's hospitals or medical schools. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can cataracts cause dizziness?
- At a computer screen for so long can also cause cataracts
- Masturbation cause strabismus
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- At what level could blood sugar cause a cataract
- Does indoor tanning cause cataracts?
- Does blunt force injury to the face and eyes cause traumatic cataracts?
- Can dental abscesses cause cataracts?
- Talk to a pediatrician online