Doctor insights on:
Cast Splint Hand
I have had a broken hand taken out of a cast and put in a splint how long till I can do heavy lifting again?
It depends: This is highly dependent on the type of fracture you had, location of the fracture and how long it had been in a cast. Most fractures are healed in 6-8 weeks, but the final decision should be made by the person most familiar with your particular situation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I fractured my hand and broke a small piece of bone of in the middle of my hand. The ER dr put me in splint until i saw the ortho, will this need surgery or a cast and the piece of bone can stay there?
I am 4 was post op from cmc thumb surgery. Just got my cast off now in a spica splint. What are safe hand exercises i can do? I have very little rom
Is a splint better then a cast for a 5th
Metacalful boxers fracture my hole hand 4 fingers and arm in half cast and want to use index and middle finga?
Varies: If you have a distal 5th metacarpal fracture, then some variant of a "clam digger" splint or cast is applied. This involves immobilizing the 4th and 5th finger, and flexing them down an bout 70-99 degrees. There is no benefit or need to immobilize the thumb, index, or middle finger. ...Read more
Shattered ring finger, had surgery with 4 pins in it now, 2 mths in a cast on whole hand, now just splint. Can I try to bend other fingers? It's hard
Certainly could be: Depending on the nature and location of the fracture or sprain, either one or both could be present and treated without a cast. For example, fractures of the metacarpal bones can be treated with screws; this allows return of motion without splinting in as little as 48 hours. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do to get rid of stinky smell from my hand cast?
- How do doctors determine whether i need a hard cast or a soft cast for my hand?
- How long will my hand hurt after removing my cast?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of peeling skin on your hands after having a cast?
- With a up to elbow cast my hand is swelling
- What happens after you get your cast off of the broken bone in your hand?
- I broke my hand how much does the cast weigh is it heavy
- Fractured elbow cast hand swelling