Doctor insights on:
Laxity in the wrist: There are 8 small bones that make up the "wrist" in addition to the large long bones, the radius and ulna. these bones are arranged in 2 rows of 4 each. CIND (carpal instability nondisso.) means there is anywhere from lig. laxity to dislocation between the 2 rows of bones. TX depends on how much laxity present, response to splint, h/o trauma & how bothersome sx are to you. See a hand surgeon. ...Read more
A carpal bone : is a bone in the wrist. There are 8 carpal bones. Scaphoid. Lunate. Triquetrum. Pisiform. Trapezium. Trapezoid. Capitate. Hamate. They lie in between the radius and ulna proximally and the metacarpals of the hand distally towards the fingers. They provide stability yet can allow mobility in all three axes of motion. They are truly remarkable and hand surgeons and anatomists still learning ...Read more
I have a sharp pain in my right metacarpals when I do exercises like cleans. If the weight is large enough the metacarpals and carpals feel pain.
Nerve compression: Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by compression of the median nerve as it passes through the carpal tunnel of the wrist. This nerve provides motor and sensory function to the thumb, index, middle fingers and half of the ring finger. Therefore patients with carpal tunnel syndrome will develop pain, numbness and tingling in the distribution of this nerve. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: This is usually a traumatically or repeated stress inflammation of the median nerve as it passes through a narrowed space at the wrist called the carpal tunnel. Nsaids can be helpful, physical therapy and rest are useful, but if there is muscular atrophy or chronic numbness or pain, you might need an unroofing surgery best performed by a hand surgeon. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Freq masturbation can it cause or worsen carpal tunnel in men or women
- How long after open carpal tunnel surgery is your typically hand swollen?
- How long does numbness last after carpal tunnel surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Could you get carpal tunnel syndrome from masturbating
- Best computer mouse for carpal tunnel
- Is it normal to have tingling in my hands after carpal tunnel surgery?
- Pain around the joint between ring finger and pinkie and palm carpal tunnel
- Carpal tunnel syndrome