Doctor insights on:
Cardiac Rehab Target Heart Rate
What does equivocal cardiac stress test mean in the results? I am a 47 year old male with hypertension controlled through medication. I completed the test reaching the target heart rate with no other symptoms. Test was part of an annual insurance check u
No: There is no such thing as "target heart rate." depending on your training goals, the "target" could be anything from 60% to 100% of your max heart rate. Exceeding ~80-84% of max heart rate shifts metabolism to anaerobic (airless) metabolism resulting in the production of Lactic Acid and the burning sensation. The body is burning pure glucose here. Muscles break from overuse, not that process. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is target heart rate?
- Target heart rate chart for women
- Target heart rate for stress test
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Curves target heart rate chart
- Cardiac arrest heart rate
- How to devise a target heart rate zone for exercise?
- Target heart rate for cardiopulmonary exercise by age
- Talk to a cardiologist online