Doctor insights on:
Cardiac Rehab Target Heart Rate
What does equivocal cardiac stress test mean in the results? I am a 47 year old male with hypertension controlled through medication. I completed the test reaching the target heart rate with no other symptoms. Test was part of an annual insurance check u
Nothing: When people ask me about what their target hr should be when working out, i tell them that the workout intensity is more important than heart rate. So if you feel like you are overdoing it, are exhausted and feeling sick after your workout, and your hr was less than target, it was too much. Decrease intensity. If hr is higher than target, and you feel ok afterwards, that's ok, no problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not necessary: I assume you are talking abou your maximum calculated hr. If thats the case, not necessary. Depend how long you stay there. With high protein diet, weight lifting and short burst 1-2 mins every 5 mins of fast running for no more than 30mins, 3 times a week, probably not. Every person is different but you will built endurance and cardiac capacity. Check with a trainer for better results. ...Read more
Variable: The target heart rate (thr) is usually 50-75 % of the maximum heart rate for an individual. Ideally you get the maximum benefit when you stay with in the thr but going over for a few minutes is not a big problem. There really is not major advantage from a training perspective to go above the thr. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- 14 year old girl target heart rate
- Target the heart rate zone of a 15 year old
- Target heart rate during stress test
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Curves target heart rate chart
- How to calculate target heart rate after a heart attack?
- Cardiac arrest heart rate
- What is the definition of target heart rate zone?
- Talk to a cardiologist online