Doctor insights on:
Cardiac Arrest In Children Is Usually Caused By
Respiratory failure: Infants & children generally experience cardiac arrest after a period of declining respiratory function. In illnesses like asthma, progessive pneumonia, bronchiolitis etc., effective oxygen exchange begins to fail, the child works harder until they are exhausted and give out. At some point, the heart develops a rhythm disturmance & quits pumping.Drowning or trauma+ lung compromize will also do it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No, but: If you overdose on any drug, you can get very ill or die. Even water, right? If albuterol is given in excess, it can become toxic. If a child (or adult) has such a bad asthma attack that they need to take constant or frequently repeating doses of albuterol, they should go to the er as uncontrolled asthma is a true emergency and there are other treatments available at the hospital. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, but not likely.: Patients with coronary artery disease + other heart disease r @ risk 4 stress induced arrythmias. These r irregular heart rhythms, the most serious of which is cardiac arrest. So, yes, the stress of a breakup, or major loss of any kind may contribute 2 cardiac arrest in a patient with heart disease. This would b unlikely in a healthy person, but go c a doc if u do not feel right. Dr mike. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cause of cardiac arrest in children
- Most common cause of cardiac arrest in children
- Can dehydration cause cardiac arrest?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How common is sudden cardiac arrest in children?
- Does sarcoidosis sometimes cause a cardiac arrest?
- Cardiac arrest
- What causes sudden cardiac arrest in a young and previously healthy person?
- Talk to a pediatrician online