Doctor insights on:
Carcinoid Syndrome Secondary To Bronchial Adenoma
Carcinoid tumor is a condition in which a person has this rare and slow-growing tumor, usually in his intestinal system or his lungs. Carcinoid tumors usually don't cause symptoms until many years later, when they can produce hormones (chemicals that flow in the blood to other parts of the body and cause changes there) that lead to redness in the face and ...Read more
Confirm: First you have to confirm the diagnosis. If diagnosis made, then the extent of disease needs to be evaluated. If limited and no symptoms, there is nothing to do. If there is extensive disease, then either systemic therapy alone or along with surgical intervention. Hope this helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Imaging too: If the blood and urine tests suggest carcinoid, a pet scan is the next best test to try to localize the tumor. Octreotide scanning does not have great resolution. There are newer imaging studies available at select centers. These scans use a higher resolution marker to better see small volume disease. This can help us understand extent of disease and symptoms better. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I was getting flushed once a week, then each few days now it's every day. Hot bright dryflush that lasts.Dr wants carcinoid syndrome test. What is it?
Good idea: The usual screen is urinary 5hiaa. Seem chromogranin is a new pricy test. Good luck with this. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to get pregnant if i have secondary amenorrhea?
- Healing leaky gut syndrome
- How to gain weight with marfan syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do people with asperger syndrome turn to self harm?
- I have piriformis syndrome how long should i expect it to take to recover
- Pelvic congestion syndrome and risk to pregnancy
- Is it possible to get stevens johnson syndrome twice?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free