Doctor insights on:
Don't think so : Captopril is an old ace inhibitor, it is short acting thus should be taken every 8hrs. Personally, i don't see a reason for a sl ace inhibitor and actually don't use Captopril much. Rather, long acting Lisinopril or ramipril once a day for ease of use and better compliance. ...Read more
Son is going on this (captopril) drug next week as he hascan advise me on it and its side effects especially in children?
Rash,itch,coug: Depending on age, if sun worshipped photo sensitivity may be a problem in addition to more common reaction listed above. As with any drug an untoward reaction must always be assumed to be the drug until proven otherwise. Stop the med and call the prescriber. ...Read more
Can you tell me if it's dangerous to combine rulide, glibencamide, captopril and Lipitor together?
Hi.I told my nephrologist that i was taking 2 captopril instead of one.My GFR went from 47 to 22 in 3 mos. She said i "did this to myself" did i?
Rx directions: Not sure of your exact question here..If you were prescribed a medication and the instructions were to take 1 daily, then it is important to take 1 daily and be compliant. If you take 2 instead of one, you certainly can put yourself at risk for an adverse event/side effect, and with an ace inhibitor, the most likely adverse event would include kidney/renal issues. Hopefully any can be reversible. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My BP is bad eben though i'm on inderal. So doc prescribed captopril along with inderal. Is this good?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i overdose on vitamin b6?
- Can you overdose on ibuprofen 800mg?
- How many advil does it take to overdose?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many amoxicillin does it take to overdose?
- Can you die from beta blocker overdose?
- Can an overdose of aspirin kill you?
- How many citalopram does it take to overdose?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free