Doctor insights on:
Candida Vulvovaginitis Symptoms
Varied...: Itching, burning, thick whitish cottage cheese discharge. However, many times, the symptoms of a yeast infection can look like any other number of infections - and if you've never had a yeast infection diagnosed before, it might be better to get it checked out and confirmed by your doctor first. ...Read more
Thrush: Thrush is a yeast infection in the mouth. Candida is the name of the yeast. Cystitis is a bladder infection, which could be a viral infection, bacterial infection or a yeast infection. Yeast infection just means that you have an infection from yeast and it could be just about anywhere. Vaginal yeast infections and oral (mouth) yeast infections do tend to be the most common, but skin occurs too. ...Read more
See your HCP: The symptoms can frequently be similar for both, but, typically, BV is associated with a foul fishy ordor, a watery discharge that comes and goes, and itching. A yeast infection generally does not have a distinct fishy odor, but may have a thick white discharge and itching associated with it. Many times, vaginal dryness is the first indication of a yeast infection. See your hcp for diagnosis. ...Read more
Vaginitis: Moth treated with meds... Best to see your doctor for an exam and a script. ...Read more
Likely yes.: If this is a result from a pap test, then fungus was identified in the slide made from the sample. In many instances, that may correlate to a clinical "yeast" infection. If you are asymptomatic, you should ask your health care provider as to whether or not antifungal therapy / ointment is necessary. ...Read more
Yes possible.: See your doctor to be tested.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Candida vulvovaginitis treatment
- Candida vulvovaginitis ethnicity
- Candida vulvovaginitis gender
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is vulvar irritation a symptom of candida vulvovaginitis?
- Is vaginal itchiness a symptom of candida vulvovaginitis?
- Is labial erythema a symptom of candida vulvovaginitis?
- Is painful urination a symptom of candida vulvovaginitis?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free