Doctor insights on:
Cancers Not Shown In A Cbc
Share on twitter bookmark & share printer-friendly version a complete blood count (CBC) test measures the following: •the number of red blood cells (rbc count) •the number of white blood cells (wbc count) •the total amount of hemoglobin in the blood •the fraction of the blood composed of ...Read more
Yes!: A CBC is not a test for cancer. It is a test to count the different cells that make up your blood. Blood cancers like leukemia can sometimes be diagnosed with a cbc. But if a doctor suspects a different type of cancer, he or she will usually order an imaging study, like a ct scan or an ultrasound. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: A normal CBC and ESR do not tell you that you don't have cancer. Cancer can present in many ways. The blood tests that you mention are, in themselves, not reliable screening tests for cancer. If you have a concern that you might have cancer, it is important to see your healthcare provider to discuss it. ...Read more
Normal for body temperature to start at 98.5 in morning and rise to 99.7 by afternoon/evening? it has been this way for a month. Normal CBC, cancer?!
Unlikely: Did you have unintended weight loss. If you did not, do not worry about cancer. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Hole in tooth not a cavity
- How rare is colon cancer in a 25 year old?
- Can a solid hypoechoic nodule in thyroid gland be cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are polyps in lungs a sign of cancer?
- Can a high ige level in the blood be an indicator that i have cancer?
- Feel a gas bubble in lower abdomen and not pregnant
- Bright yellow mucus in a bowel movement pancreatic cancer
- Talk to a oncologist online for free