Doctor insights on:
Cancer Treatment With Taxol Zoloda
Some prolongation: • A large array of chemo agents are utilized in the treatment of non small cell Ca of lung . While Taxol is one of the primary agents ,the Platinum agents such as Cisplatin, Carboplatin, Gemzar and Camptosar are given alone or in combination with. Taxol. Because of the presence of malignant stem cells, resistant to chemo survival is in months. With immunochemo therapy survival improved. ...Read more
Kills cancer cells: Plclitaxel (taxol ) originally isolated from yew plant , inhibits cell division ( mitosis) normal perfect spindle assembly before it divides , is changed by taxol cell will not proliferate and dies . It will do the same to normal cell also, you need expert oncologist to give a calculated dose to kill cancer cells only. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Side effects vary: Gemzar is generally well tolerated given weekly 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 4 weeks per cycle. Usually does not cause hair loss or neuropathy. Taxol can be given weekly or every 3 weeks and with risk of reactions during infusion (steroid premedication needed), some hair loss and significant neuropathy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, I have some ide: Taxol is known to cause some aches and pains. They are called myalgia/arthralgias which are typically seen about one week after the injection and usually last no more than 3-4 days after each dose. They can be managed easily with use of tylenol. Sometimes patients need a NSAID to control them in case tylenol fails to help and control them adequately. ...Read more
AFTER taxol/A/C for breast cancer stage2,path result-Lympho vascular invasion-shouldn't chemo resolved this? What now?
Ask your oncologist!: You need to givel us more information...Did the tumor shrink on chemotherapy? How much. shrinkage? If the tumor did not shrink much, that is a bad sign. But if it reduced in size substantially then you are on the right track. But your oncologist can address your questions and guide you better. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can you live with lung cancer without treatment?
- How does lung cancer progress with and without a treatment?
- Liver cancer life expectancy with no treatment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Liver cancer treatment with milk thistle
- What are the risks of living with cervical cancer without getting treatment?
- Is small blood vessel vasculitis associated with skin or cutanious cancers what is the best treatment strategy?
- How long can you live with kidney cancer without treatment?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free