Doctor insights on:
Can Zyrtec And Claritin Be Taken Together
Is it safe to take ceterizine (zyrtec) and loratadine (claritin) together? My nasal congestion is usually fine, but when going to a client's house wit
Yes but: One can usually double up the dose on the non-sedating antihistamines without any problem. However this would not help your nasal congestion which requires a product with a -D . Nasal steroid is usually more effective. In a pinch, one may use Afrin nasal spray to decongest the dose but this should not be used for more than 4 or 5 days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Loratadine is weaker: When loradine (claritin) was studied the manufacturer selected the lowest dose that gave a response better than placebo but didn't have more side effects than placebo. This caused it to be a fairly weakly effective med. As it wasn't studied at higher dose i can't speak to safety of higher doses. Personally, i find zyrtec (cetirizine) to be much more effective but may be more sedating. ...Read more
Not necessary: Both Claritin (loratadine) and zyrtec are considered new generation antihistamines and have the same effects. If a person accidentally took these at the same time, there is likely no adverse effect, but there is really no need to take both for treatment of symptoms. If symptoms of allergies are not controlled, see an allergist for a better treatment plan. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can allegra and zyrtec be taken together?
- Can allegra and claritin be taken together?
- Can sudafed and claritin be taken together?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you claritin and benadryl be taken together?
- Can you take zyrtec and claritin together?
- Can i take claritin and zyrtec together?
- Zyrtec and claritin d together
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free