Doctor insights on:
Can Your Eyes Adjust To Bright Sunlight Without Sunglasses
Time: Your eyes will adjust for bright sunlight with time but sunglasses will make you more comfortable and protect your eyes from uv rays. ...Read more
Not good idea: Sunglasses protect the eyes from the brightness of light and uv light. These are good protective measures and in bright light you can usually see better with sunglasses. Your eyes will not spontaneously get used to too much sunlight although a minor degree of tolerance may be experienced. ...Read more
As far as getting sunlight to fight off SAD, is it obtained through our eyes or skin? If eyes, would we benefit more by NOT wearing sunglasses?
Through your eyes: Light boxes mean to replace natural sunlight exposure which when is missing or decreased it's felt to be contributing to SAD. What's damaging to the eyes are the UV rays, so chose a box that filters UV or it emits the minimum amount. Also it helps if you wear UV filtering eye glasses. ...Read more
My eyes hurt a lot in bright places even inside and told the doctor that sunglasses really helped and then he didn't approve what should I do?
Light sensitivity: can be very individual. I am not sure why the doctor did not approve of sunglasses. Preventing eye discomfort by wearing sunglasses seems like a simple and safe intervention. Perhaps you should discuss this further with the doctor so that you can understand his why he does not approve. ...Read more
No: You sunglasses protect your eyes from damaging uv rays. The don't cause reflection toward your skin. You should wear sunglasses whenever you are in the sun. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i get my eyes used to sunlight without wearing sunglasses?
- How easily can a bright led flashlight damage your eyes?
- Can allergies cause your eyes to hurt and for you to feel tired?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to make my dark sunken eyes look happier and brighter?
- Can a bright red light damage your eyes?
- How can you teach your brain and eyes to ignore eye floaters?
- Can sleeping with contacts in make the whites of your eyes start to turn yellow?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free