Doctor insights on:
Can You Wear Colored Contacts With Glasses
Can i wear colored contacts or like theatrical contacts that have designs in them if i wear glasses?My glasses are for seeing far away.
Shortest possible : Colored no prescription contacts are often used for costumes or just to change eye color. They should be prescribed by an eye specialists and properly fitted to minimize risk of eye injury or infection. Wearing any contact for extended periods of time significantly increases risk of injury. Never buy colored contacts on line without a prescription, you may be risking your eyesight if you do. ...Read more
Yes but: Why get orthokeratology if you are going to wear a lens anyway.L colored lenses come in various powers and will give you the cosmetic appearance you want and correct the vision. Orthokeratology requires the wear of a rigid lens at night so you can wear nothing during the day. Wearing a colored lens defeats this pattern. ...Read more
Piggy backing: This is called piggy backing of a lens and can work in many cases. The curvature of the inside of the colored lens may not match the outer curve of the corrective lens, so the colored lens may easily slip out of place. This usually is not harmful but may result in the loss of the lens. ...Read more
Yes but . . .: This is called piggybacking a lens. Usually it is done with matching base curves so the lens on top will be stable. Your plan might work but there is a moderate likelihood that the lens on top will be unstable and will move out of position. There is no health risk to what you propose. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you wear contacts with a stye?
- Can you wear colored contacts over regular contacts?
- Can you wear contacts with a popped blood vessel?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long can you wear colored contacts?
- Can you wear contacts with a broken blood vessel?
- Can i wear reading glasses with contacts?
- How long can you wear non prescription colored contacts?
- Can you wear reading glasses with contacts?