Doctor insights on:
Can You Use Visine With Contact Lenses
I have some eye drops that can be used with contact lenses. Is it okay to use them when i'm not wearing contacts? Or should I use regular eye drops?
Not a problem: If the eyedrops you have used indicate that they can be used with contacts, that means they will not harm the lenses. And of course they are in contact with the eyes. Therefore they can be used whether or not you are wearing your contact lenses. ...Read more
Contact solution: Contact lens solution is made for contact lenses and not for dry eye. It is therefore not optimal to treat dry eye with this solution. Try using artificial tears, ointment at night, warm compresses, and fish oil supplements. If no improvement, see an eye doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not recommended: You should use only lubricant drops that are labelled "for use with contact lenses" with your contact lenses. ...Read more
Rx May help: Ambliopia is the process where the brain ignores the "camera" picture from one eye because it is less clear or causes double vision. It can sometimes be improved if the weaker eye is strengthened (glasses), the stronger eye is patched or if the eye is lined up better with surgery. If the process has gone on too long, the brain ignores the fix & surgery is simply cosmetic. ...Read more
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you snorkel with contact lenses?
- Can you use visine with pink eye?
- Can you use visine to treat pink eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i use glasses prescription for contact lenses?
- Can you wear contact lenses with a retinal tear?
- How long can you wear contact lenses for?
- Can you wear contact lenses in the pool?
- Can you use tetracaine with contact lenses?