Doctor insights on:
Can You Use Pepto Bismol After The Expiration Date
Not recommended: To take any medication past its expiration date due to decreases efficacy. ...Read more
Are there any serious downsides to taking expired pepto bismol? The expiration date says October 2015 and it is November 9th
No: It is probably just as good today as it was last month. Expiration dates are generally somewhat arbitrary and most medicines are still safe and effective for several months after the expiration date. Sometimes they may lose some potency over time but, from my understanding of the main ingredient in Pepto Bismol, bismuth subsalicylate, it should be perfectly fine to take it today. ...Read more
I found some pepto bismol pills that I bought almost exactly one year ago. I can't find an expiration date on the bottle. Are they still ok take?
Stomachache : Should be okay but could ask with pharmacist at local store ...Read more
Hi, the pepto-bismol liquid medicine I have says the expiration date is 09/15. Should I still drink it?
Before.: One hour to 30m before, so it can protect your stomach. Diluted out after a meal. ...Read more
Yes: Pepto bismal can cause stool to turn black. ...Read more
Stop self-treating!: Nausea may be GI-related (food poisoning, peptic disease, gastroparesis, due to biliary & pancreatic disease, gas/bloat syndrome, small bowel problems). Consider "central" causes: motion sickness, vertigo, migraine headache, brain problems (some very serious). Also, rule out infection (? urinary tract), medication side effects, pregnancy, & even reaction to stress. Find & treat the cause--see doc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after the expiration date is pepto bismol good for?
- Can you eat after taking pepto bismol?
- Pepto bismol after expiration date
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol after getting the flu shot?
- Can you take imodium with pepto bismol?
- Can the morning after pill make you miss your period all together?
- How soon after stopping the nuvaring can you get pregnant?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free