Doctor insights on:
Can You Use Pepto Bismol After The Expiration Date
Are there any serious downsides to taking expired pepto bismol? The expiration date says October 2015 and it is November 9th
No: It is probably just as good today as it was last month. Expiration dates are generally somewhat arbitrary and most medicines are still safe and effective for several months after the expiration date. Sometimes they may lose some potency over time but, from my understanding of the main ingredient in Pepto Bismol, bismuth subsalicylate, it should be perfectly fine to take it today. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My son vomits 1 to 7 times a day. He does not feel sick before or after he vomits and has been doing this for several months and he has tried pepto bismol and Nexium for acid.
Excessive : Excessive vomiting can cause a lot of problems, including electrolyte imbalances and damage to the teeth. 1-7 times per day for several months is definitely excessive. Your son needs to be evaluated by a physician. Assuming that this vomiting is not happening on purpose, he may have an obstruction in his gastrointestinal tract or a problem with the normal contractions of the stomach itself (called gastroparesis). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Stop self-treating!: Nausea may be GI-related (food poisoning, peptic disease, gastroparesis, due to biliary & pancreatic disease, gas/bloat syndrome, small bowel problems). Consider "central" causes: motion sickness, vertigo, migraine headache, brain problems (some very serious). Also, rule out infection (? urinary tract), medication side effects, pregnancy, & even reaction to stress. Find & treat the cause--see doc. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after the expiration date is pepto bismol good for?
- Can you eat after taking pepto bismol?
- Pepto bismol after expiration date
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol after getting the flu shot?
- Can you take imodium with pepto bismol?
- Can the morning after pill make you miss your period all together?
- How soon after stopping the nuvaring can you get pregnant?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free