Doctor insights on:
Can You Use Pepto Bismol After The Expiration Date
My son vomits 1 to 7 times a day. He does not feel sick before or after he vomits and has been doing this for several months and he has tried pepto bismol and Nexium for acid.
Excessive : Excessive vomiting can cause a lot of problems, including electrolyte imbalances and damage to the teeth. 1-7 times per day for several months is definitely excessive. Your son needs to be evaluated by a physician. Assuming that this vomiting is not happening on purpose, he may have an obstruction in his gastrointestinal tract or a problem with the normal contractions of the stomach itself (called gastroparesis). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Stop self-treating!: Nausea may be GI-related (food poisoning, peptic disease, gastroparesis, due to biliary & pancreatic disease, gas/bloat syndrome, small bowel problems). Consider "central" causes: motion sickness, vertigo, migraine headache, brain problems (some very serious). Also, rule out infection (? urinary tract), medication side effects, pregnancy, & even reaction to stress. Find & treat the cause--see doc. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after the expiration date is pepto bismol good for?
- Can you eat after taking pepto bismol?
- Pepto bismol after expiration date
- Can you take pepto bismol right after taking tums?
- Can you drink alcohol after getting the flu shot?
- Can you take imodium with pepto bismol?
- Can the morning after pill make you miss your period all together?
- How soon after stopping the nuvaring can you get pregnant?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free