Doctor insights on:
Can You Use Metronidazole Gel While On Your Period
Sure: It is going to be a little messy but not harmful. ...Read more
YES: You can, but it might get a little messy. ...Read more
My period had to come this pass Thursdays I was using metronidazole gel about 2 weeks ago can the gel cause my period to be late I had unprotected sex?
No: If you are late for a period take a pregnancy test. ...Read more
Period ended Sat. Started metronidazole gel for BV on Wednesday. It is now day 3 and im seeing pinkish blood & small blood clots. Normal or concern?
Irregular periods: Irregular periods are one of the most common problems obgyns treat. If this is one time problem it usually resolves on its own. If this is a recurring problem you should be evaluated. Infections ; hormonal changes can cause spotting. If there is a concern for pregnancy then do a home pregnancy test. There are many options available to help regulate the menstrual cycle. Schedule a visit. ...Read more
After finishing a round of Metronidazole gel, is clear discharge with red clumps normal? I have a Mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD and do not get periods anymore.
Possible: You were treated for an infection and the symptoms could be related to that. If these symptoms are transient for a few days and resolve I would not be concerned, but if it worsens or persists get checked. ...Read more
Might have a yeast: Infection which may need to be treated.Yeast can present with clumpy, white vaginal discharge to a watery, white discharge. Sometimes a discharge is not apparent. There is no odor. It can cause swelling and redness of vulva along with itching and burning pain. It may lead to pain with urination or intercourse. ...Read more
No: I believe you're referring to rephresh, an over-the-counter product available in 3 different forms. Metronidazole is a prescription antibiotic. Interestingly, I was not able to determine the active ingredients in rephresh when I searched their website (most companies typically show you at least a snapshot of their ingredient label). ...Read more
No: The gel has a failure rate of over 50%, which is pretty bad when you consider the pill form of Metronidazole has a cure success of about 95%. The pill form can even be adapted to treat a pregnant woman. Be sure your partner is treated too. Follow up within 3 months for recheck though; reinfection is extremely common and most be monitored because infection can become silent. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Can you get pregnant while take metronidazole gel?
- Can you get pregnant while taking metronidazole gel?
- Will 7 days of taking metronidazole clear up bv
- Can you drink on metronidazole gel?
- Fish zole metronidazole
- Metronidazole gel period
- Metronidazole missed period
- Metronidazole single dose for bv
- Does metronidazole cure bv?
- Can i use metronidazole while on my period?
- Can you be fertile while on your period?
- Can metronidazole affect your period?
- Can you get wet while on your period?
- When takin metronidazole can you use sunbeds
- Can metronidazole affect conception?
- Does metronidazole work for a uti?
- How many pills do i drink of metronidazole?
- How many pills do i drink of metronidazole to treat tricamonoasis?
- Can i use tampons while on metronidazole?
- How long do metronidazole side effects last for?