Doctor insights on:
Can You Use A Tampon While You Have A Uti
Swollen urethra and vagina after sex. Burning sensation while I use the restroom, no odor nor discharge. Std? Uti? Reaction to condom?
See answer: Such symptoms could be caused by any of the above: UTI (usually burning with urination, urgency, frequency); std (gc, chlamydia most common), vaginitis (though usually associated with a discharge), or allergy to a contraceptive, spermicide, or lubricant. If symptoms occur right after sex within hours, allergy or trauma related to vigorous/prolonged sex most likely. If symptoms persist, see your md. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A urinary tract infection (often called UTI) is most commonly caused by bacteria and usually refers to an infection in the bladder. Not all bacteria that grows from the urine represents an infection, so the need for antibiotics is determined by your ...Read more
I got my period a day ago and I got the usual early UTI symptom of burning sensation today, is it better to use tampons and not pads in this case?
I had a UTI last week and took 3 days worth of cipro. Just got my period, use tampons and i feel like the UTI is coming back...What should I do?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is is safe to use a tampon when you have a uti?
- Can you use a tampon with a yeast infection?
- Can you have sex while you have a groin hernia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have a colonoscopy while menstruating?
- How long after ovarian surgery can you use a tampon?
- Can you use a heated mattress pad while pregnant?
- Can you have cervicitis and a uti without having a std type of bacteria or virus?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free