Doctor insights on:
Can You Use A Heated Mattress Pad While Pregnant
I found out yesterday that I am pregnant; about 2.5 weeks. I've been using a heated mattress pad. I am afraid I hurt the baby?
Baby is OK: Our bodies are quite good at regulating the internal temperature and at 2.5 weeks the baby would be well insulated from excessive heat or cold. It is probably best to just use the heater before going to bed so your body can moderate its temperature better during the night. ...Read more
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
No: As above.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: No problem with that.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
UV and pregnancy: There have been no controlled studies of the direct effects of tanning or tanning beds on pregnant women or their unborn child. In view of the evidence of damage from ultraviolet radiation to the skin of the mother, however, it makes sense to avoid this type of activity for the duration of pregnancy. However, research on pregnant mice showed fetal damage. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Moist heat is better. Make sure it is not too hot. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i use a heated mattress pad during pregnancy?
- Pregnancy heated mattress pads
- Can you use a heating pad while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can u use a heating pad while pregnant?
- Can i use a heating pad while pregnant?
- Can you use a heating pad when pregnant?
- Can you use a heating pad on pregnant abdomen?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online