Doctor insights on:
Can You Tell Me Whether There Is An Alternative To Laser Eye Surgery
Get a consult: Get a consult with an experienced laser vision correction surgeon. There are many variables to be considered in making the decision as to whether a particular patient is a good candidate. Most laser surgeons will be the consultation for no charge. Find one in your area and go for it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ophthalmic Lasers: Lasers have been used for 1.Glaucoma treatment : NdYAG. Argon. Krypton. Dye lasers, SLT and now the new ECP Endoscopic CycloPhotocoagulation (ECP) 2. CATARACTS : Femtosecond laser by Optimedica is still experimental. 3. Corneal Refractive Laser surgery with a femtosecond laser works with extremely short infrared laser pulses. One pulse is 1 femtosecond or 0.000000000000001 second to create ...Read more
NO: Laser eye surgery does not mean you will never need eye glasses. All individuals will develop a condition called presbyopia (the inability to focus at near) around age 40+. This is caused by changes in the lens of the eye that ultimately lead to a cataract. The vision may change with this condition as well, requiring corrective lenses. ...Read more
Can you tell me what you suggest if i'm nearsighted and my eyes are still getting worse, would they get worse after laser eye surgery?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell me how i can reduce the pressure in the eye?
- Can you tell me what my eye glasses prescription means?
- Can you tell me the difference between pink eye and a regular eye infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i tell whether i have a lazy eye?
- What can you tell me about alternative treatment cancer centers in mexico?
- Can your vision worsen after you have laser eye surgery?
- How many times can you have laser eye surgery?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free