Doctor insights on:
Can You Tell Me What My Eye Glasses Prescription Means
It's a math formula: The prescription tells the lens maker how to shape the lens (glasses, contacts) that will best correct your vision. The first number is the amount of nearsightedness (-) or farsightedness (+) to be corrected. The next number is the amount of astigmatism to treat and the number after the "x" is the angle of the astigmatism to be treated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What would my contact lense prescription be if my glasses prescription is -1.75 on my right eye and -1.25 on my left eye? Is it possible to tell?
CL prescription: Yes, it is possible to tell. It can be calculated from the power of your glasses and the distance of the lens of the glasses to your cornea. For a low prescription like yours, it will most likely be the same as your glasses. For higher prescriptions, it would be a different prescription. ...Read more
Easy: Take the distance sphere power and add 1.00 to it and then take the near add power and reduce it by 1.00. This is my typical calculation for computer glasses. For example, your right lens is -2.25 +1.25 x 30 add: +2.00, your computer glasses would be -1.25 +1.25 x 30 add: +1.00. Hope this helps. ...Read more
Do you have to get an eye exam before you get contacts even if you already have your glasses prescription?
I wear glasses (prescription) but only whn my eyes still constantly hurts in the sun watching tv etc vwey sensitive. Would you recommend contacts?
Saw doctor for dry eye and got glasses prescription instead. Can dryness cause vision changes & should I go for a 2nd opinion if exam didn't investigate dryness?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell me what 61 hounsfield units on a tumor means?
- What is the weakest glasses prescription you can get?
- Can you tell me what an odemea is?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you tell me about accutane?
- Can you tell me what is norplant?
- Can you please tell me what time is it?
- Can you tell me whether there is an alternative to laser eye surgery?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free