Doctor insights on:
Can You Tell Me What Is Volunteer Double Vision
Not really: Vertical and horizontal strabismus can be corrected by either using prisms, or patching the eye that tends to wander, or by surgery, or Botox. Since monocular vision is not considered disabling, because people can drive their cars with just one eye, it's doubtful that it would be considered disabling to have double vision, and cover or correct the eye(s) that needs correction. ...Read more
Diplopia: Seeing two images most commonly occurs when the eyes are out of alignment. This can occur from nerve, muscle or tissue damage from trauma, or vascular accidents. Doubling can occur in one eye from astigmatism, lens opactities and macular disturbances. See your ophthalmologist for the proper diagnosis and treatment. ...Read more
Yes: It could be a sign of a larger issue. You should see an ophthalmologist. ...Read more
Double is double.: Double vision is more similar to the effect you get by crossing your eyes - you literally see two images of one thing. Blurry vision is a distortion of what you are seeing, maybe hazy or cloudy or something similar, but you see only a single image of anything. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm having double vision and I try to tell my mom but she just brushes it off as me not wearing my glasses enough. Should I not worry?
Confirm yourself: Test for doubling by covering one or the other eye and seeing if the doubling disappears. There are a few conditions that can double one eye alone, but these are uncommon. If you are tired and the eye(s) have a tendency to drift, then doubling might occur due to the drift. If this is troubling or persistent, have your ophthalmologist check it out. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell me what is the recovery time from spinal cord stimulator implant?
- Can you tell me what is the life expectancy of metastatic breast cancer?
- Can you tell me what is bilateral facet joint effusions?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you tell me what is bilateral facet joint arthrosis?
- Can you tell me what is mild grade 1 spondylolisthesis?
- Can you tell me what is norplant?
- Can you tell me what is a facet joint sprain?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free