Doctor insights on:
Can You Tell Me What Is Astigmatism Does It Have Anything To Do With Glaucoma
Refractive error: Astigmatism is a measure of how "unround" the eye is. We tend to think that the eye is a perfectly round globe, but it actually is almost always at least a little oblong, like a rugby ball. The degree to which the front window (cornea) is oblong is measured in amount and angle of astigmatism (in which direction the ball is standing). Glaucoma has nothing to do with astigmatism. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have very thin optic nerves, so does my dad. Am i a suspect of glaucoma ? My io pressure is normal. I have astigmatism and far sightedness.
Follow-up: Fortunately you ar still a young adult and are naturally concerned. Does your dad HAV glaucoma, or other fam members? I strongly rec that you continue with eye md exams to verify that your optic nerves are still functioning normally. A specialist in glaucoma is an excellent resource. They have years of experience to know when/if to treat your eyes. Oftenspecific diagnostic testing is performed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Most people do: Most people have astigmatism which is when the front of the eye is not a perfect sphere. With significant astigmatism, your uncorrected (without glasses or contacts) vision is blurred. So if you don't have blurred vision, you don't have significant astigmatism. If you do have blurred vision, your eye doctor can tell you if it is due astigmatism or another cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Evaluation: If you have gotten eyeglasses the astigmatism will be built in - just rotate the lens and look at a series of parallel lines and they will dramatically change as you turn it. If you have never had glasses, and you have it, it is probably minor but an ophthalmologist can easily measure you (refraction) to determine if it is present. It is not a big deal and is easily correctable mostly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you develop albinism as you age do you have to be born with it?
- I have itchy foot and can not find a cream to sooth it what do you recommend
- Does scoliosis have anything to do with me being short and having a short neck?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does mental health have anything to do with how smart you are?
- Can you please tell me what time is it?
- What does it mean after sex feels like you have to throw up?
- Pain and difficulty urinating
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free