Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Diabetes
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
Many: Some are classic but not all are classic. One typically begins to have the three "p's". Polyuria-excessive urination, polydipsia-excessive thirst and polyphagia-excessive hunger. Weight loss is then present due to the sugar in the blood and filtering of this concentrated sugar in the urine pulling water out of the body. One may itch, have vision changes, feel fatigued and many more. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Maybe none : The classic symptoms of uncontrolled diabetes are excessive urination, thirst and hunger with unexplained weight loss but that is not the time to diagnose diabetes. It is best to diagnose in its early stages before symptoms develop or in the prediabetes stage. People at high risk for diabetes (overweight, family history, inactivity, high bp, etc) need to be screened and diagnosed early. ...Read more
Could you tell me if there is no other sign exept high blood sugar levels, can that be type 2 diabetes?
Yes: Yes, type 2 diabetes can be "clinically silent, " meaning you may not have any symptoms at all. The only sign that you have it may be the high blood sugar levels. This is very common! it is very important to treat the diabetes now, early on, before any symptoms or complications develop. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell me the signs of bv?
- Can you tell me what is the life expectancy of metastatic breast cancer?
- Can you tell me the long term effects of taking nasonex for allergies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you tell me the life expectancy of someone with metastatic cancer?
- Can you tell me the symptoms of gangrene in a diabetic?
- Can you tell me the short and long term effects of scoliosis?
- What can you tell me about the lab test of creatinine and the normal parameters?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free