Doctor insights on:
Can You Tell Me The Recovery Time For A Kidney Stent Operation
Usually a week: In general your renal arteries 'recover' right away, e.g. If you had renal hypertension due to stenosis it is resolved with the percutaneous revascularization. The recovery is for the groin access: most people stay overnight and restrict (some) activities for 1-2 weeks. A week is usually sufficient. Everyone is different. Follow your doctor's instructions. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Hi I am 30 year old i went for laser kidney stone operation on 9th nov and my stent tube was removed on 10 dec i want to know when its safe to do sex?
Safe: You should be fine to resume your normal activities now. ...Read more
I will undergo surgery for kidney stone stent removal tomorrow. Please let me know, if it pains after the removal of this stent.
Two ways: If the stent is left with a long "string" if intended to be short term, this can be grasped and pulled out easily. If there is no visible string, an office procedure to retrieve it with a flexible fiberoptic scope (cystoscopy) is a rapid and relatively painless method to remove the stent. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had Kidney stone surgery a month ago and had the stent out 7 days. I now have bilateral stones although all stones were removed. Is this possible?
Recurrence: Please contact your treating physician immediately. Although this is a fast recurrence, the important thing to do is ensure complete treatment. A nephrologist needs to identify the type of stones for you. Underlying disease states causing recurrent stones need to be tested for,and a 24 hour urine collection will be performed. Seek treatment at a tertiary academic medical center if possible. ...Read more
My husband was told he had a kidney stone the doctor did surgery and said their was no kidney stone, but put a stent in why? My husband was told he had a kidney stone the doctor did surgery and said their was no kidney stone, but decided on his own my hus
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell me what is the recovery time from spinal cord stimulator implant?
- How can you tell the difference between a kidney and bladder infection?
- Can you tell me the long term effects of taking nasonex for allergies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you tell me the symptoms of gangrene in a diabetic?
- Can you tell me the difference between a damaged tendon and a damaged ligament?
- Can you tell me the difference between pink eye and a regular eye infection?
- Can you tell me the difference between a bone density test and a bone scan?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free