Doctor insights on:
Can You Tell Me The Outlook For People With Spondylolysis
None to pain: The symptoms can range from absolutely none to hamstring tightness, low back pain with or without some radiation to legs. There can be some tingling or parathesias and/or numbness into the legs as well . The hamstring tightness may restrict the lower back range of motion. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Many athletes including gymnasts, football players and dancers have spondylolysis and perform with it for years and decades with no symptoms or intermittent episodes that respond to rest, nsaids, steroid blocks, stabilization training. Staying fit helps the most in diminishing symptoms and the potential for surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Spondylolysis refers to a defect in a part of the spine structure called the pars. It is also called a pars defect. Some cases are congenital , others are from trauma and others may be uncertain. Most do not need surgery. The ones that do are associated with significant pain, nerve dysfunction or signs of spine instability ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell me the usual progression for vision loss with glaucoma?
- Can you tell me the recovery time for a kidney stent operation?
- Can you tell me the long term effects of taking nasonex for allergies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you tell me the long term effects of taking doxepin for hives?
- Can you tell me the life expectancy of someone with metastatic cancer?
- Can you tell me how the procedure for av fistula placement works?
- Can you tell me the diagnostic tests and treatment methods for epidural abscess?
- Talk to a neurosurgeon online for free