Doctor insights on:
Can You Tell Me The Difference Between Heart Failure From Myocardial Infarction
Yes: Myocardial infarction ("heart attack") is permanent injury to heart muscle from lack of blood supply. Heart failure is a syndrome that can occur from many causes when the heart doesn't pump effectively. One of those causes can be myocardial infarction but CHF can also occur from high blood pressure, valve abnormalities, rhythm disturbances, infection, tumor, senescence and many, many other causes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heart failure is a complex set of conditions in which the heart "fails" to pump a normal amount of blood with each beat. This can be due to poor squeezing function (systolic heart failure) and/or a stiff heart incapable of filling normally (diastolic heart failure). Common symptoms include swelling and trouble breathing, particularly when ...Read more
Not sure of your ?: CHF may be independent of mi but mi is most common cause of CHF (systolic). ...Read more
The quick answer is : Yes. Heart failure refers to the inability of the heart to pump properly and thus resulting in accumulation of fluid in the lung. This is called systolic heart failure. There is also diastolic or right sided heart failure and those symptoms are a bit different. Myocardial infarction refers to poor blood supply to the heart resulting in the death of heart tissue. This could result in heart failure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm wondering why are congestive heart failure (chf) and acute myocardial infarction (ami) core measures?
Can you briefly describe what is ischaemia? And is myocardial infarction the same with heart attack?
Do heart attacks always involve the myodardium? Dont people ever have endocardial infarctions rather than myocardial infarction?
When the blood supply of a tissue is compromised by whatever mechanism, the tissue will stop working and if blood flow is not restored, the tissue will eventually die ("infarct", both verb and noun). The clinical picture that runs with development of an infarct ("heart attack"; ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell me the difference between coronary and congenital heart disease?
- Can you tell me the difference between fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome?
- Can you tell me the difference between conjunctivitis and hay fever?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you tell me the difference between a lumbar puncture and a myelogram?
- Can you tell me the difference between a kock pouch and the bcir pouch?
- Can you tell me the difference between scoliosis and spondylolisthesis?
- Can you tell me the difference between a bone density test and a bone scan?
- Talk to a cardiologist online