Doctor insights on:
Can You Tell Me The Difference Between A Lumbar Puncture And A Myelogram
Injection of dye: They both involve a needle being placed into the spinal canal. In a lp, cerebrospinal fluid is removed from the canal, while in a myelogram a dye is injected into the canal. This dye allows very clear imaging of the spinal cord and nerve roots. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A myelogram is a common diagnostic study that most patients tolerate well. The physician will place you on a flouroscopy table, prep your lower back, inject a local anesthetic, place a needle in your back, inject dye, remove the needle, place a bandaid and summon the radiology tech to take x-rays. Then you will have a ct. You will be observed for several ...Read more
Myelogram CT with a lumbar puncture 7ds and 2bld patch later it was CSF leak. Myelo showed dual cerv & lumb stenosis. Is it poss CSF crashed my syst?
What is the difference between spinal anethesia (for csection) and a lumbar puncture (for CSF testing)? Is one more painful then the other?
No, they are the: same procedure and you are given local anesthesia prior in both. You might be able to receive sedation prior to CSF testing but probably not if pregnent ...Read more
Can you tell me if throughout a procedure called lumbar puncture, CSF surrounding the meninges is withdrawn with a needle. this?
Had lumbar puncture done yester now having some chest pain is this related or should I be concerned?
Low risk if experien: Lumbar punctures are extremely common procedures and when performed by an experienced individual have a very low risk of complications and the benefits generally far outweigh the risks. Nevertheless, there are serious potential complications. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The lumbar part of the spine is the low back. It is made up of five bones (most of the time) stacked one on top of the other. They are connected by disks, facet joints, and ligaments. These soft parts allow for movement controlled by the spinal muscles; the muscles can also keep it stiff when need be. The lumbar spine also contains and protects nerves to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you tell me the difference between a damaged tendon and a damaged ligament?
- Can you tell me the difference between pink eye and a regular eye infection?
- Can you tell me the difference between a bone density test and a bone scan?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell the difference between a stress fracture and tendonitis?
- How can you tell the difference between a kidney and bladder infection?
- How can you tell the difference between dehydration and a stomach virus?
- What is the difference between a lumbar puncture and a myelogram?
- Talk to a neurologist online