Doctor insights on:
Can You Tell Me The Difference Between A Kock Pouch And The Bcir Pouch
Valve Type: Both of these are types of continent ileostomy pouches that store stool intra-abdominally and allow the user to drain it through a catheter at will. The difference between the two is in the exit valves and associated complications - the bcir is really just a newer modification to the original kock pouch. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Waste Reservoir: A kock pouch is a continent ileostomy formed through surgery after a colectomy. Basically, it's an pouch inside the abdomen (created from the intestines) that allows stool to accumulate inside the body and be emptied through a catheter in the abdomen at will. This procedure is used to avoid tradition colostomy bags and improve a patient's quality of life. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a k pouch and have very low energy. What is the best way to regain my energy? Some foods mainly vegetable's are not a option due to my k pouc
Depends!: It's going to depend on your surgeon's expertise, the hospital you choose, your disease state, your current anatomy, your surgical history, other major health issues (like kidney, heart, lung or liver disease), the medications you take (eg immunosuppressants). In general, i would imagine death to be less than 1 in a 100. You should consult with an expert: http://www.Fascrs.Org/. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diet after BCIR: Probably no. I would start with bland foods and advance slowly. I am sure there willbe a nutrionist in the hospital for nutritional counseling. High acidity foods and concentrated foods (high on fat) are likely to trigger diarrhea and discomfort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between kock pouch and bcir?
- Can a bcir surgeon help me with my kock pouch?
- Can you tell me the difference between fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you tell me the difference between osteoporosis and osteopenia?
- Can you tell me the difference between a lumbar puncture and a myelogram?
- Can you tell me the difference between coronary and congenital heart disease?
- Can you tell me the difference between scoliosis and spondylolisthesis?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free