Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Zyrtec And Claritin Together
Can I take Zyrtec and Claritin together? Or can I take Zyrtec and Benadryl to boost the Zyrtec? Will taking Mucinex DM along with Zyrtec help?
See your doctor: If your allergies are not controlled with one med alone, stepping up to a different med like flonase, nasonex, etc., will likely help you more than taking two antihistamines. Zyrtec and Claritin will not help much at all if you have a cold and not allergies, though Benadryl can dry up secretions somewhat. You can add mucinex if you also have a cough. Talk with your doctor about your symptoms. ...Read more
Both antihistamines: Both Claritin and zyrtec are antihistamines. Each should last 24 hours for control of allergic rhinitis symptoms. However, some patients have more severe symptoms or may be using antihistamines for reasons other than allergic rhinitis and may require more frequent dosing of antihistamines including using Claritin and zyrtec same day. Recommend this be done under allergist supervision. ...Read more
Yes: Antihistamines are well tolerated even when the dose is doubled or when one is taking 2 kinds of antihistamines. ...Read more
No additional benef: Since both of these meds work in very similar ways, there is likely to be very little additional benefit from using both, and much more likely to have side effects from the meds. if one alone is not working, talk to doc about what combination therapy may be more useful, including use of prescription med like Singulair. Also need to delve into allergen prevention so you won't need as much meds. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take claritin and zyrtec together?
- Can you take claritin and allegra together?
- Can you take claritin and mucinex together?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take dayquil and zyrtec together?
- Can you take claritin and cold medicine together?
- Can you take ibuprofen and naproxen together?
- Can i take allegra and zyrtec together?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free