Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Zyrtec And Claritin Together
Is it safe to take ceterizine (zyrtec) and loratadine (claritin) together? My nasal congestion is usually fine, but when going to a client's house wit
Yes but: One can usually double up the dose on the non-sedating antihistamines without any problem. However this would not help your nasal congestion which requires a product with a -D . Nasal steroid is usually more effective. In a pinch, one may use Afrin nasal spray to decongest the dose but this should not be used for more than 4 or 5 days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Both antihistamines: Both Claritin (loratadine) and zyrtec are antihistamines. Each should last 24 hours for control of allergic rhinitis symptoms. However, some patients have more severe symptoms or may be using antihistamines for reasons other than allergic rhinitis and may require more frequent dosing of antihistamines including using Claritin (loratadine) and zyrtec same day. Recommend this be done under allergist supervision. ...Read more
Not the Standard: Hi HPratt, Not really Zyrtec tablets and Claritin are usually once a day meds. They are 2 different antihistamines. Claritin does come in a 12 hour form. So you would take one in the am and one in the pm. Certainly you could use both antihistamines but it is not usually the standard of care. Thanks for your question Dr Lori Lange ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take claritin and zyrtec together?
- Can zyrtec and claritin be taken together?
- Can you take dayquil and zyrtec together?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take claritin and advil together?
- Can you take claritin and mucinex together?
- Can you take claritin and allegra together?
- Can i take zyrtec with claritin?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free