Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Synthroid With Antibiotics
Really bad cough and sore throat, doc gave me antibiotic. Would drinking sleep time tea be okay? I also take enalapril and synthroid (thyroxine).
68 yr old male healthy, fit Chronic raspy cough 6 months. Smoked to 31. CT shows nasal mucus Antibiotics 4 2 wk not better Synthroid (thyroxine) 88 mg imbibe?
In the U.S., I was told to take Synthroid 30 min. BEFORE breakfast. Here in Japan I'm told to take Thyradin-S (their levothyroxine) AFTER breakfast.
Levothyroxine: Food, especially hot liquids, can disrupt absorption. That is fairly well established. The most important part, however, is consistency. If it is inconvenient to take it on an empty stomach, such that you are missing doses, take it at a consistent time and then let your doctor adjust the dose. ...Read more
Yes: Generic synthroid is called levothyroxine. Taking generic version is reasonable and will likely achivevsimilar results , however i would recommend that you inform your endocrinologist about such switch as you may need to have your thyroid levels checked soon (a few weeks) after making the switch to ensure your dosing is appropriate. I would also recommend that you adhere to one kind of preparation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
PM: Taking at night may be better.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take bladder wrack synthroid together?
- Can you take synthroid medication diet products?
- What is the highest dose of synthroid you can take?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the highest dosage of synthroid you can take?
- Can you take synthroid and bactrim together?
- Can you take probiotic with antibiotic?
- Can you take a multivitamin with antibiotic?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online