Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Sudafed With Claritin
You should not: Alavert is a non-sedating antihistamine (loratadine), which is the same active ingredient as Claritin. Benadryl is also a antihistamine, but causes more sedation than loratadine. The two should not be taken together as they are the same class of medication with similar mechanisms of action. Flonase is a nasal steroid which can be used with either Alavert or Benadryl ...Read more
Should be ok if...: If a person had no problems taking paroxetine (Paxil) in the past for some medical condition, and separately had no problem taking loratadine (Claritin) or Clarinex in the past, then she should be ok taking the medications at the same time. If worried, she can ask her doctor who prescribed the Paxil. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Antihistamines: Both medications have antihisstamines. Not sure what you are treating, but if you need both on the same day, then it may be better to see an allergist and get another type of medication to control your symptoms. You should be able to take them together but over time the strategy is not effective. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take claritin with sudafed?
- Can you mix sudafed and claritin?
- Can i take claritin and sudafed at the same time?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take sudafed and nyquil?
- Can you take zyrtec with sudafed?
- Can you take allegra with sudafed?
- Can you take acetaminophen with sudafed?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free