Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Robitussin Dm While Pregnant
Yes, but not much.: Maternal use of standard otc doses of robitussin dm when used as an antitussive during the first trimester of pregnancy has not been found to increase the risk of teratogenic effects. Dextromethorphan should be avoided during pregnancy, though, due to its respiratory depressant and potential addictive effects on the mother-fetus unit. ...Read more
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
I am 33 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to take Robitussin-DM max? I ave a runny nose and cough/congestion. When i cough the right side of my torso hurts.
No: Robitussin dm (guaifenesin and dextromethorphan) contains alcohol, which while it is not in a large amount, can be significant if you are taking even recommended doses every 4 hours or so. There is no amount of alcohol considered safe in pregnancy, so i would ask your pharmacist for an alcohol-free cough medication safe in pregnancy. The other stuff in it are dextromethorphan and antihistamines. Your OB is your first/best advisor. ...Read more
Yes: Different classes of meds that do not cross react unless you are allergic. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take robitussin dm while pregnant?
- Is it ok to take robitussin dm while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take robitussin dm while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Taking robitussin dm while pregnant
- Can i take tussin dm while pregnant?
- Can i take mucinex dm while pregnant?
- Can i take robitussin while pregnant?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free