Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Prilosec And Pepcid Together
Can Prilosec and Pepcid be taken together? I just started a Prilosec regime, but it would be nice to take something for the acid right now.
PPI + H2 blocker: It is ok to take a 'proton-pump inhibitor' like prilosec, together with an 'h2 blocker' like Pepcid if you are having breakthrough symptoms. A more simple option would be to adjust the Prilosec dosage upwards, for better control of your symptoms. If you are requiring both medications, you should be followed by a gastroenterologist. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Not a good idea: Prilosec should be taken about an hour before the first meal of the day, Pepcid nearly at any time. There is no added benefit for most people to take Prilosec and Pepcid together the first thing in the morning although some people may need to take Pepcid at bedtime to reduce the acid output. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Possibly.: Pepcid is better for short term effect, quick relief. Prilosec is better at suppressing acid production if taken daily for a week or longer. If you need to use acid medications frequently you should consult with your doctor, since you may be suppressing something that needs to be diagnosed and addressed properly. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take zantac and pepcid together?
- Can you take nexium and prilosec together?
- Can you take nexium and pepcid together?
- Can you take prilosec and zantac together?
- Can you take ibuprofen and naproxen together?
- Can you take zyrtec and claritin together?
- Can you take claritin and allegra together?
- Can you take claritin and mucinex together?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online