Doctor insights on:
Can You Take L Tyrosine And Armor Thyroid Medicine
If I have depression and I have no thyroid problems, I can take the amino acid L-tyrosine to burn fat and have a better mood?
No: No. Sorry. L-tyrosine, the amino acid the thyroid clans uses to make thyroid hormone, is not in limiting supply. If your thyroid needs "healing", I'm guessing you mean you're hypothyroid. No treatment we have in medicine will heal hypothyroidism. We treat hypothyroidism with thyroid hormone replacement...cheap, easy, & perfect! To your health! ...Read more
With hypothyroidism, does l-tyrosine raise or lower thyroid levels if your at a stable level?(on synthroid) I want to use it for mood support.Thanks
Is it safe to take a supplement containing 300 mg of l-tyrosine when i'm already treating my graves' disease with levothyroxine and methimazole?
Graves medications: L-tyrosine is an Amino Acid and also a precursor to thyroid hormone, l-thyroxine. It could stimulate further the hyperthyroidism of your graves. Not a good idea. Are you using the levothyroxine and Methimazole as directed by your endocrinologist? That combination is unusual, although not unheard of. One suppresses the thyroid, the other increases thyroid levels. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take l tyrosine and caffeine together?
- Can you take allergy and cold medicine together?
- Can you take b12 and b6 while on blood pressure medicine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take armour thyroid l tyrosine together?
- Can you take claritin and cold medicine together?
- Can you take ibuprofen and naproxen together?
- Can you take zyrtec and claritin together?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free