Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Iron While Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Yes: You should definitely continue to take iron supplements while breastfeeding. Breast milk has tremendous nutritional and immunologic value for infants, but the iron content may be insufficient as the infant grows. To make sure that both your baby and you have adequate iron for health blood production, you should typically continue your prenatal vitamins while lactating. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it safe to take biotin 5000 mcg while breastfeeding? Coz my hair is falling out crazy even though i'm taking my prenatal and iron everyday...
Pregnancy hair loss: It is normal to hair shedding starting about 3-4 months after delivery. The shedding may be quite dramatic and scary, but it is just your hair returning to its regular state. Shedding stops after a few months. If shedding is severe, you may need to be tested for iron levels and thyroid function which can also cause hair shedding. ...Read more
No : I can not see any problem if you do it with recommended dose. ...Read more
It's fine: no problemGet a more detailed answer ›
Since breastfeeding requires more iron in the mother's body, could you still get symptoms of hemacromatosis while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take dayquil while breastfeeding?
- Taking airborne while breastfeeding
- Can you take theraflu while breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take xanax while breastfeeding?
- Can you take water pills while breastfeeding?
- Can you take midol while breastfeeding?
- Can you take nyquil while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online