Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Imodium While On Antibiotics
Yes.What sxs to fix?: Your choice of probiotics may depend on what symptoms you have, & how long you are on antibiotics. Also, different probiotics work in different ways. Lactobacillus and acidophilus grow rapidly to crowd out "bad" bacteria, bifidobacter helps reduce "gas", and sacchromyces boulardes retards the growth of clostridum difficile and has the added advantage of being relatively antibiotic resistant. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
According to ...: ... Drugs.Com: "azithromycin has been assigned to pregnancy category b by the fda. Animal studies failed to reveal evidence of fetotoxicity. There are no controlled data in human pregnancy. Azithromycin should only be given during pregnancy when benefit outweighs risk.". ...Read more
Advil (ibuprofen): Unless there is a specific contraindication you should be fine. ...Read more
When should you take the probiotics when taking the antibiotics ciciprofloxacin and metronidazole?
Both during & after: I advise taking probiotics both during & after antibiotic therapy. It is wise to take sacchromyces boulardii (like florastor) during treatment to prevent antibiotic-associated diarrhea & yeast overgrowth & a high potency acidophilus/bifidus (at least 20 billion bacteria) both during treatment and for 2-4 weeks afterwards. ...Read more
Nope: Drinking alcohol while taking antibiotics could possibly make the antibiotics less effective. Thus, your infection may not be treated properly and could last longer or even get worse. It's best to just avoid alcohol while you're on antibiotics just to be on the safe side. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take diflucan while on antibiotics?
- Can you take nyquil while on antibiotics?
- Can you take ibuprofen while on antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take painkillers while on antibiotics?
- Can you take pepto bismol while on antibiotics?
- Can you take zantac while on antibiotics?
- Can you take zantac with imodium?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online