Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Ibuprofen And Hydrocodone Together
Hydrocodone or dihydrocodeinone is a semi-synthetic opioid derived from two naturally occurring opiates: Codeine or thebaine. It is an orally active narcotic analgesic and antitussive. It is available in tablet, capsule, and syrup form. It is used to treat moderate to severe pain or as an antitussive to treat cough. Hydrocodone affects pain by ...Read more
Yes, it is safe: They act on different mechanism and are safe to use, as directed, in conjunction. ...Read more
Yes! Just not 2 much: Hydrocodone is an opioid or narcotic pain killer that is effective but highly addictive. Ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that can relieve pain, fever & inflammation. The two can be used together (and sometimes are actually combined into the same drug). Beware that hydrocodone, like all other narcotics, can constipate while nsaids can irritate stomach & kidneys. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: They work on two different systems.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is it unsafe to take ibuprofen, aleve and hydrocodone together for severe tooth pain? What are the side effects?
Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (nsaid). It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body. Ibuprofen is used to reduce fever and treat pain or inflammation caused by many conditions such as headache, toothache, back pain, arthritis, menstrual ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take ibuprofen with hydrocodone?
- Can you take oxycodone and ibuprofen together?
- Can you take ibuprofen and prednisone together?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take ibuprofen and paracetamol together?
- Can you take nyquil and ibuprofen together?
- Can you take amoxicillin and benadryl and ibuprofen together?
- Can you take allegra and ibuprofen together?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free