Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Dayquil While Pregnant
Talk with OB but no: Dayquil contains acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, pseudoephedrine. Acetaminophen (tylenol) is ok but the other two are class c which most OB do not allow. Use nasal saline. Class c: studies on animals show adverse effect and toxicity on fetus. No adequate and well controlled studies done on pregnant women. Drugs should be given only if potential benefit outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
DO NOT TAKE: Anything without first ok'ing it with your ob! ...Read more
My fiancé is 25 weeks pregnant. Can she take DayQuil and/or NyQuil that is alcohol free? She's not high risk.
My fiancé is 25 weeks pregnant. Can she take DayQuil and/or NyQuil that is alcohol free? She's not high risk. My fiancé is 25 weeks pregnant.
Pills: Call the OB. It's a good idea to ask them what's okay and not okay to take ...Read more
Sure: You are not pregnant so there is not an issue with cold medications. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take dayquil while breastfeeding?
- Can you take biotin while pregnant?
- Can you take magnesium citrate while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take zyrtec while pregnant?
- Can you take claritin d while pregnant?
- Can you get pregnant while take metronidazole gel?
- Can you take robitussin dm while pregnant?
- Talk to an allergist online for free