Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Benadryl With Claritin
I think something bit me and I need to take a benadryl but I took a claritin around 5 hours ago. Is this safe to do?
Yes it is: But be careful if you're driving or using machinery, and don't exceed recommended dosage, that's exceptional though, you don't want to repeat unless recommended by a physician, good luck ...Read more
Not recommended: Claritin is a slow release, non-sedating antihistamine. Benadryl is a faster onset sedating antihistamine. Taking both will have additive effects and possible adverse effects such as sedation. It is not recommended that you take both of these without the guidance of your doctor. If the Claritin is not adequate for your symptoms, there are many other medications that can be prescribed to help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Should be OK!: Good afternoon, adding one Benadryl for symptom relief in addition to Claritin is acceptable. These drugs act through different mechanisms and should not cause any additive side effects. Benadryl is a sedating antihistamine, which should come handy to fall asleep at night and have a good night's sleep and be ready for action the next day! good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take benadryl with pseudoephedrine?
- Can you take nyquil with claritin?
- Can you take claritin and benadryl at the same time?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take zyrtec with benadryl?
- Can you take advil with claritin?
- Can you take tylenol with claritin d?
- Can you take benadryl with sudafed?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free