Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Azithromycin And Drink Alcohol
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Hi, im from poland, i used azithromycin 4 days 2016-01-08 is latest eat this drug, i can drink alcohol ?
Shouldn't drink ETOH: Alcohol will inactivate most antibiotics and render them useless in fighting whatever the infection is that you are being treated for....best advice is to wait until you've completed the course of treatment and gotten the all clear from your doctor that the infection is gone. More questions? www.healthtap.com/drsaghafi Use Key Code: PDXFNR if you'd like to set up an appointment for a consult. ...Read more
Generally No: Alchohol and most medications tax you liver and it is best to avoid alcohol consumption especially for short-term medication use. You doctor or pharmacist might give you a different answer but you will probably feel better quicker by avoiding alcohol until you complete the azythromycin. ...Read more
Azithromycin (zithromax, azithrocin, zmax, azin) is an azalide, a subclass of macrolide antibiotics. Azithromycin is one of the world's best-selling antibiotics.[not in citation given (see discussion.)] it is derived from erythromycin, with a methyl-substituted nitrogen atom incorporated into the lactone ring, thus making ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol on azithromycin?
- Can you drink alcohol while on azithromycin?
- Can you drink alcohol on azithromycin antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink on azithromycin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking azithromycin for chlamydia?
- Can you take amoxicillin and drink alcohol?
- Can you take advil and drink alcohol?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online