Doctor insights on:
Can You Take Aleve And Aspirin Together
I just took 2 aleve (naproxen) and 2 baby aspirin and didn't know I wasn't suppose to take them together till after taking them. Will I be ok for the night?
Yes: That should be ok if ASA has not worked for you Do note that they may have an additive effect on your stomach lining. If you already have stomach problem (gastritis, ulcer etc), consider taking an acid-controller with it. If you need to take NSAID regularly, you should discuss it with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No magic number: Long term use of alleve and/.Or Aspirin can lead to stomach ulcers, esophageal ulcers and a number of other bleeding problems. The serious consequences of these agents relates to bleeding thouhg drugs in this class (nsaids) can cause cardiac and kidney problems. Check with your physician regarding how long and how much you should be taking and are there any alternatives. ...Read more
See below: Not recommended as the too meds have an additive effect on bleeding and increase GI bleed risk. ...Read more
See PCP re meds ?: Advil and Ibuprofen are the same thing so if you have a true allergy to the product then you cannot take an NSAID till cleared by an allergist. Aleve (naproxen) and Naproxen are the same product, they are also nsaids while Aspirin belongs to a different family of drugs and can also be used if deemed appropriate by your pcp. See your pcp to clarify as to what meds you can and cannot take. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take aspirin with aleve?
- Can you take aleve and tramadol together?
- Can you take midol and aleve together?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take aspirin and ibuprofen together?
- Can you take acetaminophen and aspirin together?
- Can you take naproxen and aspirin together?
- Can you take vitamin e aspirin together?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free