Doctor insights on:
Can You Take A Pregnancy Test After Your Period
Can you take a home pregnancy test after having your period to be sure there's no pregnancy? If so, how long after the period?
Wasting Money: Why would you. The very definition of not being pregnant is having a period of normal length and on time. A test would be superfluous. ...Read more
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
By your period: Newer sensitive home tests turn positive by the time your next expected peiod should arrive. If it's not positive, repeat in a week. ...Read more
Testing: It says it clearly on all tests. To be valid a test must be at the very least two weeks after the sexual encounter and it is very well known that if you test before you miss a period then that is a waste of money since it would be too early to test. Test after you miss a period. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: If the result is negative repeat the test 4-5 days later unless you get a period by then. Use first morning urine and follow the instructions for the test carefully. If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time, every time. You may consider implanted contraceptive, or IUD. Get HPV vaccine. Practice safe sex. ...Read more
When in doubt: just check pregnancy test. And if you are still not bleeding normally and first pregnancy test was negative, check it again in 1 week. If both negative and your symptoms persist, get to a GYN so they can help you determine what the next step is to regulate your period. You can wait a little longer to see if your periods will fix themselves. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take a pregnancy test on your period?
- How long after your period can u take a pregnancy test?
- Can you take pregnancy test 2 weeks before your period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take a pregnancy test before your expected period?
- Can you take a home pregnancy test before your period?
- Can you take a pregnancy test before missing your period?
- Can you take a pregnancy test before your missed period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free